Emily and Ian’s Wedding
Today Emily and Ian announced their engagement. Yay!! Â Obviously Ian already feels like a “brother-in-law” and Ayrie and Shiya are his nephews, but it will be fun that they are getting married. Â Here are some of Ayrie’s responses
- All of us were working in the yard today plantingÂ perennialsÂ and bulbs before winter comes. Â Ian dug up a piece of broken concrete and Ayrie washed it off with water “for the wedding”
- He said out of the blue, “It’s too bad that ye-ye won’t be able to come to the wedding party because he’s too scared to fly”
- “Are Jonah and Orion allowed to come to the wedding? Â Can we play together at the party” Â After grinning and grinning upon learning that Jonah and Orion would be at the party Ayrie told us that he’s so excited to show them the new yard!
- Ayrie asked me, “Are Emily and Ian going to die after they get married?” Â I told him no and he asked, “Do some people get died after they get married?” Â I explained that everyone dies some time but that Emily and Ian won’t die until they get older. Â With a grave face he told me, “I’ll miss Emmy and Ian when they die.” Â (I know this might sound morbid but Ayrie asks about death a lot but in a very matter of fact way. Â He does’t see it as a sad thing.)
- “Can I invite more friends to the wedding? Â Can Si come to the wedding?”